Moundview provides respiratory care services to patients on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Our respiratory therapy staff evaluate, treat and manage care for patients who have been diagnosed with lung disease or conditions such as asthma, emphysema, cystic fibrosis and pneumonia. Services include:
- Medicated breathing treatments such as a nebulizer
- Pulmonary function testing
- Pulse/oxygen monitoring and oxygen therapy
- Postural drainage and chest physiotherapy
- BiPAP therapy
- Bronchopulmonary hygiene therapy
- Aerosol therapy
- Peak flow meter monitoring (Monitors the patient's asthma, measuring the fastest speed at which they can move air out of their lungs. This can provide early warnings of an asthma attack, help determine what is triggering the asthma attack, and aids physicians in prescribing medications.)
- Meter dose inhaler education (Teach patients to correctly use their inhaler in order to get the maximum benefit from the medication).
Contact your physician for a referral for these services or call us for more information at (608) 339-8388.